Onalaska, WI 54650
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:30
Full and Part-time positions available
30-36 hours per week
Every 3rd Saturday, Rotating Holidays
Generous Benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing care for patients and families under the supervision and direction of the RN or provider. The need for direct supervision (defined as immediate availability to continually coordinate, direct and inspect at first hand the practice of another) vs. general supervision (defined as regularly to coordinate, direct and inspect the practice of another) is determined based on Standards of Practice and includes complexity of patients, competency, education, and etc. The LPN applies nursing knowledge and utilizes evidence-based practice in the demonstration of the following major responsibilities.
1. Maintains competency and practices according to the GundersenHealth systemmission and strategic plan, ANA and Nurse Practice Act.
2. The LPN contributes to assessments through data collection, and observes and reports the patient's response to care as well as significant symptoms or changes in patient status.
3. The LPN is responsible for following the Patient's Plan of Care, including the Clinical Practice Model (CPM) and standard collaborative practice, and to perform delegated patient care. (The functions of assessment, creation and revision of the plan of care may not be actsdelegated toLPNs.)
4. Incorporates the patient’s/family's readiness to learn when reinforcing teaching initiated by an RN or provider in order to achieve optimal, age-specific and individualized care. The LPN can provide basic health care instruction. The LPN cannot initiate teaching or evaluate patient's response.
5. The LPN provides direct patient care, assists with ADLs and encourages self-care, and administers prescribed treatment after verifying accuracy.
6. The LPN documents nursing interventions and patient/family response. All aspects of care provided are documented accurately and in an appropriate and timely manner, and in compliance with organizational, regulator and professional standards and guidelines.
7. The LPN participates with other health team members in meeting basic patient needs but does not delegate
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
Post High School education in a specialized field: Course requirements that qualify to take LPN or LVN boards.
No experience required.
1 year of previous experience as a LPN or experience in a healthcare environment.
License and Certifications:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed minimally in the state of practice, some positions may require additional state LPN licenses
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer