La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:24
Interested in starting a career in healthcare, but not sure where to start? Our health unit coordinators serve as the "face" of our units! Gain valuable experience working with a variety of teams across the organization.
This position will work two shifts a week. Shift times are from 6:30am-7:00pm or 6:30pm-7:00am, and include an every third weekend and only 2 holidays a year!
Working late? Make an extra $1.00/hour working on PM's, and an extra $2.00/hour overnight. On your weekend, make an additional $1.50/hour!
Why Work at Gundersen?
*Excellent health benefits
*Great work/life balance
*Generous 401K and base contribution plans
*Career Development Center
*Deliver love+medicine every day!
Performs administrative work appropriate for patient care to support hospital unit operations and the multidisciplinary team.
1. Represents Gundersen Health System's high standards for customer service in all telephone and face-to-face encounters with both internal and external patients, family members, staff, customers, and physicians.
2. Facilitate unit operations through knowing and communicating information, managing desk area, technology support for staff, monitoring and communicating bed status, and coordinating downtime procedures.
3. Uses Epic computer system to help in the management of the electronic medical chart - including data input, monitoring for accuracy, as well as monitoring for missing information.
4. Demonstrates effective, collaborative working relationships with the health care team members.
5. Receive and record only emergent verbal and telephone orders from the medical staff for diagnostic laboratory non-invasive radiology tests and nutrition services.
6. Coordinates patients daily schedule. (i.e., tests, exams, x-rays, procedures, discharge appointments, transportation, and appointments for in-patient and out-patient services).
7. Assists throughout the entire discharge process as directed.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations.
9. Attends and participates in HUC meetings and unit staff meetings.
10. Demonstrates the following skills in accordance with unit standards and expectations - creative problem solving, organizational skills, critical thinking, sets priorities, utilizes appropriate lines of authority, responds to crisis situations and establish appropriate priorities.
11. Assists in precepting HUC staff through orientation to technology programs and unit specific responsibilities. Also may act as proctor to HUC students.
12. Demonstrates and maintains successful completion of defined core competencies in computer skills related to patient registration and appointment scheduling.
13. Obtains appropriate signatures on forms relating to registration, billing, and patient care, meeting all compliance regulations and requirements.
14. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
6 months customer service experience
6 months Previous experience in HUC position.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Static Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer