Decorah, IA 52101
The practice offers a rewarding surgical practice within a vibrant rural community.
· Join three general surgeons, with a goal of call of 1:4.
· Surgical practice includes a mix of general surgery cases, as well as upper and lower endoscopies, and c-sections (can be trained).
· Potential for additional focused practice opportunities.
· Connected to the entire Gundersen Health System with support from tertiary care hospital located approximately one hour away. .
· Northeast Iowa practice providing care for six counties at four regional hospitals.
· Gundersen Health System is home to ACGME accredited residency programs, including general surgery, with the opportunity to interact and teach residents.
· We also are a host campus for the Wisconsin Academy of Rural Medicine (WARM). Academically, we are affiliated with the UW – Madison.
· Integrated medical record system (EPIC).
Decorah is located in the Driftless Area and boasts an excellent quality of life.
· Thriving downtown with excellent restaurants, food co-op and world-famous breweries.
· School district that is known for excellence in education, arts and athletics.
· Bluff country with miles of paved and single-track biking trails in addition to endless outdoor activities including hiking, hunting, fishing, kayaking and more.
· Cultural opportunities enhanced by local liberal arts college, community theater, museums and rural agriculture .
· Recently named of the “100 Best Small-Town Getaways” by Midwest Living Magazine.
· Rich heritage and traditions delightful to visitors and residents alike (https://visitdecorah.com/).
Must have completed an accredited graduate medical training program and be board certified or eligible within the area of medicine stated. In addition, must have or be able to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Medical staff in our system will supervise advanced practice clinicians. Medical staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer