La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
You will be interacting with patients and staff and extending Love + Medicine through FOOD! What could be better?
Whether preparing meals, delivering food throughout the hospital, taking orders, or working cash registers, you will have a direct impact on patient care by ensuring our patients and guests are fed.
Gundersen is in search of full-time & part-time Dietary Aides!
- Full-time & part-time positions offer day and PM shifts Monday-Friday, every other weekend off & rotating holidays. These positions offer an 8/80 overtime computation.
**Starting pay of $15 per hour! Shift differentials of $.75 PM's and $1.50 weekends available**
Click here to schedule your interview time!
• Tuition reimbursement (for full-time employees)
• Generous PTO (for full-time employees)
• Every other weekend off
• Fun team of coworkers
• Work and interact with a variety of healthcare professionals every day
Candidates are welcome to fill-out an application before the interview, however, it is not required. Candidates who receive an offer will be required to provide their Social Security number as part of the offer process.
- Hiring is contingent upon meeting all GHS pre-employment verifications.
Performs routine foodservice activities related to food preparation, set-up, delivery and clean up.Participates in cash handling duties. Maintains cleanliness of foodservice facilities. Provides prompts and courteous customer service.
1. Assists with food preparation and set-up. Labels, date and store food items as appropriate.
2. Processes patients meal orders, assembles meal trays for patients.
3. Follows proper portioning and safe food handling.
4. Clean and sanitizes counters and equipment; wash pots, pans, dishes and trays.
5. Assists with delivery of food to assigned areas.
6. Operates and maintains a variety of standard kitchen equipment; reports faulty equipment as necessary.
7. Performs cash and charge transactions.
8. Follows departmental and organization policies and procedures in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
9. Knowledge and practice of good personal hygiene.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED High School Diploma or equivalency or current student status with future proof of graduation or equivalency required within four years of hire date.
REQUIRED No experience required.
DESIRED 6 months foodservice experience
License and Certifications:
DESIRED Servsafe Certification (SERVSAFE)
Valid Driver's License (DL)
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
Required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Subject to extreme heat.
Subject to noise.
Subject to extreme cold.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 25-50
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Short Carry Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Right Carry Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Left Carry Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer