La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
What does a Float Personnel Coordinator do:
✔ The Personnel Scheduler assists the Clinical Managers with staff scheduling operations to meet the needs of current and future patients. The Scheduler assigns staff based on each unit’s job roles and staffing pattern. The Scheduler strives to achieve this balanced schedule based on an understanding of position control and established guidelines. The Scheduler has knowledge of staff’s FTE status, requests, PTO needs, and FMLA. Additional duties may include but are not limited to typing, filing, data collection, education, and miscellaneous support functions.
What will this position look like:
✔ .5 FTE (20 hours/week)
✔ Shift: Monday-Friday, 6:30AM-3:00PM
*no set days off, no weekends, no holidays*
✔ Location: Onsite, La Crosse Main Clinic LL (Basement Float Pool Office)
Department: Nursing Float Pool Personnel Scheduler
✔ Week1: Monday: 6:30AM-3:00PM, Wednesday: 6:30AM-3:00PM, Friday: 6:30AM-3:00PM
✔ Week 2: Monday: 6:30AM-3:00PM, Wednesday: 6:30AM-3:00PM
**Day off my change based on department and scheduling needs.
What do you need:
✔ High school or equivalency
✔ 2 years’ experience in an administrative environment.
What will you get:
✔ Career Development Center
✔ Competitive Compensation
✔ Professional & Personal Development
The Personnel Scheduler assists the Clinical Managers with staff scheduling operations to meet the needs of current and future patients. The Scheduler assigns staff based on each unit’s job roles and staffing pattern. The Scheduler strives to achieve this balanced schedule based on an understanding of position control and established guidelines. The Scheduler has knowledge of staff’s FTE status, requests, PTO needs, and FMLA. Additional duties may include but are not limited to typing, filing, data collection, education, and miscellaneous support functions.
1. Coordinates coverage across the units assigned based on guidelines established by the director and manager, staff personnel availability and skill mix to ensure safe and high-quality patient care.
2. Works collaboratively with the director and manager for assigned unit to develop and coordinate future staffing patterns while staying within budget parameters.
3. Coordinates orientation schedules and mandatory training for staff with the unit professional development nurses to achieve organizational, departmental and regulatory standards.
4. Manages employee requests (PTO, Education, Meeting, etc.) and coordinates schedule to ensure proper coverage
5. Reviews and assists in the development of staffing guidelines periodically to ensure effectiveness with achieving staffing/budget goals.
6. Responds to staff scheduling and timecard concerns via email or phone. Develops resolutions in accordance with department guidelines, collaborating with director or manager when necessary.
7. Serves as staff resource for Kronos ESS and timecard functionality.
8. Serves as educator of Kronos ESS and timecard functionality
9. Utilizes Kronos reporting to collect and interpret scheduling data.
10. Performs timecard reconciliation for assigned staff.
11. Maintains proficiency with Microsoft Excel; building and maintain position controls to better provide future staffing recommendations
12. Maintains proficiency with Kronos ESS to accurately build staff schedules per unit/department guidelines.
13. Staffing Office Responsibilities (frequency determined by department need)
- Coordinates daily staffing assignments based on priority of requests, staff personnel availability, and skill mix to ensure superior patient care.
- Ensures Kronos is current with daily staffing adjustments
- Works collaboratively with leadership across the system to determine and coordinate immediate staffing needs.
- As directed by the supervisor, documents and implements procedures that ensure compliance with departmental and organizational policies, standards, and employee performance
14. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested
Education and Learning:
High school or equivalency
Organization and time management coursework.
Customer service training.
Proficiency in Excel
2 years’ experience in an administrative environment.
5-7 years’ experience in medical environment with personnel scheduling experience.
Experience with Kronos scheduling and timekeeping systems
License and Certifications:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer