La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40e
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position working 40 hours per week.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM. Every other weekend and every other holiday required of this position.
PM shift differential of $.75 and weekend shift differential of $1.50 per hour!
The Environmental Specialist is responsible for providing cleaning, delivery, meeting, and conference set ups, specialized floor care, furniture moving, and waste removal, segregation and packaging services. The Environmental Specialist is responsible to maintain all facilities in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary environment.
1. Works with healthcare team members to provide cleaning, moving, floor care, delivery, waste disposal, meeting set ups, to ensure facilities are well maintained by planning, prioritizing, organizing services while providing excellent customer services and meeting department quality standards.
2. Works with Environmental Services Supervisor to controlling cost, planning, scheduling, and system changes in order to maintain an efficient, cost effective department.
3. Works with Department Management to establish departmental and professional goals.
4. Demonstrates dependability,problem-solving, team building skills, prioritize and organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work in accordance with competency based orientation and unit guidelines to ensure a productive work environment.
5. Report all incidents, maintenance, housekeeping and painting issues to Environmental Services Supervisors.
6. Complete annual required compliance training and all mandatory education.
7. Follows safety guidelines related to body mechanics, use of hazardous materials, and personal protective equipment. Maintains a safe work environment. 8. Perform other job related responsibilities as approved by environmental services management.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED No education required
DESIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED No experience required.
DESIRED 1 year healthcare, Environmental Services experience.
License and Certifications:
REQUIRED Valid Driver's License (DL)
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to hazards.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Driving Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 50-75
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer