Hillsboro, WI 54634
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Starting base pay is $17/hour.
Must be a Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
The Emergency Services Technician works as part of the Healthcare Team to meet the individual and age specific needs of the patients, families/significant others, while under the direction of a RN and supervision of the RN. This responsibility includes the provision of safe and competent direct patient care, daily organizational support for the RN, and effective communication skills while interacting with patients, families/significant others, and all members of the Healthcare team.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining skill competency related to:
- Administering and documenting care such as ambulation, nutrition, etc. as directed by the RN.
- Performing and documenting tests and procedures including, but not limited to, EKGs, point of care testing, application of splints and braces, etc.
- Gathering and documenting relevant information during patient interactions whereby providers decide care, this will include (but is not limited to) admission paperwork, signatures, and full registration requirements.
- Practicing sterile technique, body substance isolation and infection control precautions when required,
- Assists the Provider and/or RN with tests and procedures
- Responds to patient’s call light or requests for assistance promptly and appropriately.
- Takes accurate TPR, BP, and I &O measures and records them in a timely manner. Reports any changes or abnormalities to nursing staff immediately.
- Displays proficient performance of technical skills and operation of equipment. Completes competencies as requested in a timely manner. Ensures patient’s room is kept in a neat and clean appearance throughout the shift.
- Ensures patient is provided with linens and/or personal items.
- Communicates pertinent information and observations to the nursing staff and/or provider.
- Documents daily care given on flow-sheets according to ED and hospital polices and procedures.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and counsels others when confidentiality is being compromised. Reports any confidentiality concerns to Director of HIPAA Officer.
- Follows safety and infection control polices and procedures of facility.
- Assist with cleaning and restocking of patient care areas and rooms upon admission and discharge.
- Displays a proper work ethic including promptness, initiative stewardship of facility property, proper dress, and excellent attendance.
- Answers telephone in a courteous, pleasant and helpful manner and relay the message to appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Charges properly for ED supplies, reorders those supplies and restocks and rotates stock to prevent outdated supplies in applicable ED carts and storage areas.
- Participates in at least 80% of yearly staff meetings and unit activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant Registration on the State of Wisconsin Registry.
- BLS Certification.
- High School Diploma or HSED preferred.
- Reports to Director of Emergency Services or designated RN.
- Works closely with all members of healthcare team including those within and outside of nursing department.
- Frequent contact with employees, patients, family members, medical staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Frequently exposed to hazardous material such as needle puncture, blood and body fluids.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasional contact with combative or resistive patients.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Frequent push/pull, stand, walk, reach horizontally. Occasionally bend/stoop, sit. Rare twist, squat, kneel, reach above shoulder level, lift/carry up to 50 pounds. Hand functions: simple and firm grasp, fine manipulation, feel (size, shape, temperature, texture). Near and far hearing and visual acuity. Color discrimination, depth perception. Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Megan Wopat
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer