La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Gundersen Health System is recruiting for a full time medical dosimetrist to support oncology services at the La Crosse campus.
The medical dosimetrist works with a treatment team of three other dosimetrists, four radiation oncologists, three physicists, and a strong team of radiation therapists providing high-quality care at an ACR-accredited radiation oncology facility.
Desired skills include: proficient planning 3D, IMRT and VMAT in Eclipse, experience in Aria and Eclipse. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be a dedicated team member and able to work independently.
The Dosimetrist is responsible for computerized treatment planning and set up in collaboration with the physician team and calculations of treatment machine parameters.
1. Design treatment plans by means of computer and /or manual computation to deliver radiation in accordance with a radiation oncologists prescription.
2. Acts as a consultant to the radiation oncologist and therapists in patient set-up, dosimetry, treatment delivery and documentation.
3. Assures compliance with state, federal and accrediting bodies regulatory requirements.
4. Under the supervision of the Medical Physicists and Radiation Oncologists, perform of assist in calibration of equipment, quality assurance and radiation safety.
5. Assists in brachytherapy dose calculations of the dose distribution of this treatment.
6. Coordinates and functions as primary clinical instructor of the Dosimetrist Intern program. Assists in teaching and evaluating clinical dosimetry to the Therapist and Physics Interns.
7. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Graduated from an accredited dosimetry program or MDCB certified
No experience required.
License and Certifications:
MDCB Board Eligible
Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) within one year of hire
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to hazards.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Walking/Standing Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Squatting Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer