La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
What does a Department Secretary do?
✔ The Department Secretary is responsible for providing and coordinating basic office and organizational responsibilities necessary for the operation and support of the medical staff/providers and department. The secretary works as part of a team and frequently acts as a liaison between department staff and internal/external customers.
What will this position look like?
✔ 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
✔ Shift: Days, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM
✔ Onsite Location: 3rd Floor Main Clinic
✔ Location: La Crosse, WI
✔ Department: Cardiology
What do you need:
✔ High School Diploma or equivalency
✔ 2 years Recent graduate of a clerical/secretarial training program or 2 years of applicable experience.
What will you get:
✔ Career Development Center
✔ Competitive Compensation
✔ Professional & Personal Development
The Department Secretary is responsible for providing and coordinating basic office and organizational responsibilities necessary for the operation and support of the medical staff/providers and department. The secretary works as part of a team and frequently acts as a liaison between department staff and internal/external customers.
1. Provides clerical & secretarial support to the medical staff, other providers, managers and the department, which may include special projects.
2. Adheres to strict organizational customer confidentiality standards, recognizing that even acknowledgment of privileged information is prohibited.
3. Gathers and tracks lab and test result data as well as testing materials for the department. Responsible for processing correspondence, under direction of MD/provider/manager as appropriate and directed.
4. Sets up meetings/interviews/telephone conferences/etc. Prepares and distributes agendas; takes, prepares and distributes minutes. Notes commitments made in meeting and arranges for implementation.
5. Maintains records, databases, statistics and doctor's call schedules.
6. Views, documents, or prints from the patients electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.
7. Provides internal/external customer service, interfacing via telephone, in person and via computer, performing and expediting problem solving and service support to answer questions, schedule appointments, coordinate service and address other needs.
8. Works with department and medical staff/providers on special projects/duties.
9. Performs other departmental support functions and compliance checks (e.g., refrigerator temperature, eye wash checks, crash carts) as requested by medical staff, providers or managers. Departmental responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, maintaining of work area in a neat, clean and organized manner, sorting and distribution of mail, monitoring and maintaining department equipment, placing repair orders when needed and ordering department supplies and equipment.
10. Participates in orienting and training of new MD/Providers and other staff; helping to introduce day-to-day operations and serving as a training resource for some computer applications utilized within the department.
11. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize multiple, complex tasks; prioritizes; works accurately and independently with minimal supervision.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
High School Diploma or equivalency + post High School training lasting a minimum of one year in a formal Administrative/Secretarial/Office program
2 years Recent graduate of a clerical/secretarial training program or 2 years of applicable experience.
2 years experience in health care/clerical position.
Age Specific Population Served:
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer