La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
*$5000 Sign-on Bonus*
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Primarily days shifts, some evening positions available
- May have 2-4 evening shifts in a 6 week rotation
- Occasional night or weekend shift(day/night) to cover PTO, FML, or vacations
- Night and weekend call shift rotation
- Call response time 60 minutes or less
- Generous 401k Package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1st Surgical Assist trainee program
- Health, Dental and Pet Insurance
Sign on bonus paid after 6 months of employment at Gundersen Health System.
Assists physician as scrub person according to prescribed standards. Assist RN in performing circulating duties as directed. Functions under direct supervision of a circulating nurse and physician. Display understanding of anatomy and physiology, the pathological condition affecting the patient, the planned operative procedure and consider any variations that may be necessary to meet the needs of a specific patient. Patient population to include neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric. Good interpersonal and analytical skills. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 80% of work time when performing technical tasks and anticipating surgeon's needs.
1. Assists and anticipates needs of surgeon and surgical team by passing instrumentation, equipment and supplies accurately and quickly.
2. Predicting the needs of the patient and surgeon and preparing necessary items for cases. Demonstrates working knowledge of instruments/equipment used in surgical procedures.
3. Utilizes personal protective equipment.
4. Assisting in the clean up of the room between procedures. Making necessary preparations for subsequent procedures and for the next days procedures, including restocking, supplying and coordinating materials required for use on procedures (may include documentation of usage).
5. Directly responsible for maintaining aseptic integrity during the surgical procedure. Organizes sterile field for use, opens sterile supplies scrubbing and donning sterile gowns and gloves. Maintains correct account of sponges, needles, blades, and instruments with circulating RN per hospital SOP.
6. Assist team members during entry to sterile field. Expose the operative site with sterile drapes.
7. Actively participates in 'time out' procedure per hospital policy.
8. Maintains proper handling of operative specimens for laboratory analysis/delivery to lab. Follows established specimen log for both OR and Lab.
9. Prepares medications under the direct supervision of circulating RN
10. Assists RN in performing circulating duties as directed.
11. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested to facilitate the smooth operation of department.
12. Precepting newly employed Surgical Technologists, assistants and RN's.
Education and Learning:
Completion of a Surgical Technician Program
No experience required.
License and Certifications:
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification within 2 years of hire date
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Static Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 50-75
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer