Onalaska, WI 54650
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:0
This is an on call position. Primary location - Business Development department. Will complete POETs (Job screens).
An Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) treats individuals with disabilities, injuries and disease using appropriate modalities and treatment techniques according to Wisconsin OT Standards of Practice. The COTA also provides elements of evaluation under the supervision of an OTR. Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team in the areas of education and consultation regarding patient care needs, in accordance with the vision and mission of Gundersen Health System.
1. Under the supervision of the OTR, works with patient and family members to treat and educate to ensure optimal patient care.
2. Actively pursues communication with supervising OTR regarding treatment planning and patient status.
3. Responsible for completing documentation within established department standards to enhance effective patient care and proper reimbursement.
4. Complies with department competency list.
5. Interact and practice in collaboration with a variety of professionals and health care consumers. Communicates value of Occupational Therapy Services.
6. Participates in departmental and multidisciplinary review of process, treatment, or systems issues for Quality Improvement initiatives.
7. Pursues relevant educational opportunities to maintain or enhance professional knowledge and meet Departmental needs.
8. Performs other job related responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED Associate degree in Occupational Therapist Assistant
REQUIRED No experience required. experience in related field
DESIRED 1 year Experience in a related field.
License and Certifications:
REQUIRED Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant - Wisconsin (COTA) Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer