La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:24
.6 FTE (48 Hours Bi-Weekly)
12 hour day/night shift rotation (0630-1900 or 1830-0700) OR straight nights (1830-0700)Every 3rd weekend - 2 holidays/year
Shift Differentials: Evenings: $.75, Nights:$1.75, Weekends: $1.50
This position offers a 40 hour flex overtime computation.
The Hospital Float Pool is staffed by RNs and CNAs who are trained to work inpatient units, such as medical-surgical, maternal child health, critical care and inpatient behavioral health. Clinic Float Pool staff work in ambulatory departments, such as Family Medicine, General Medicine, Neurosciences, Hematology/Oncology and Pediatrics.
To learn more about a career as a CNA, view this Day in the Life video.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for performing basic care of patients under the general supervision of an RN in the acute hospital setting. The CNA is also responsible for transporting and transferring patients within the medical complex in a safe and efficient manner. The CNA will also assist with data collection to facilitate the delivery of delegated nursing care.
1. Assists with basic care for patients in the areas of nutrition, elimination, comfort, mobility and safety.
2. Transports and transfers patients within the medical complex using appropriate equipment (ex. LIKO ceiling lifts) and utilizing safety precautions as indicated by the patient's health status.
3. Assists nursing staff in lifting and ambulating patients using appropriate practice guidelines.
4. Transports bodies to the morgue.
5. Maintains environment and equipment and will locate and deliver appropriate equipment to Central Service and Maintenance departments.
6. Works collaboratively with the health care team members to effectively communicate and document accurate information.
7. Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within established time frames in accordance with unit CBO/P and unit guidelines.
8. Demonstrates role accountability by adhering to Gundersen Health System Mission statement, policies and confidentiality standards.
9. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
10. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations. Participates in CNA meetings and unit staff meetings.
Education and Learning:
No education required
High School Diploma or equivalency
No experience required.
2 years of previous CNA experience.
License and Certifications:
Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 30 days of hire
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 150-200
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer