La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40We are looking for a Boiler Operator who is ready to join our team! Ideal candidates will have a strong maintenance background, a good mechanical aptitude and are willing to learn new skills!
What you will do:
- Work Thursday-Wednesday, 7 days on followed by 7 days off
- Hours include 12:00am-12:00pm
- Maintain, repair and operate all associated systems within the central heating and cooling plant.
- Provide great quality service to our patients and staff
What you will get:
- Incredible work/life balance, with one week on and one week off!
- The opportunity to learn new skills and attend additional classes/trainings
- Access to our Career Development Center
- Generous 401K match and base contribution!
- We offer a 40 hour flex overtime computation
- No on-call!
- Shift differentials of $0.75/hour on PM's, $1.75/hour on Nights and $1.50/hour on Weekends!
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalency
Click here to learn more about life at Gundersen!
The Boiler Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of the boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and all associated systems within the central heating and cooling plant, to insure uninterrupted services to the hospital, clinic, and other support areas.
1. Remains in the immediate vicinity of the plant at all times, except, in case of emergencies. Follows safety policies and procedures relating to confined spaces, lock out/tag out, hazardous materials, and use of appropriate safety devices and equipment. Receives fuel deliveries in a safe and approved manner.
2. Knows assigned duties in the event of fire and responds to laundry fire alarms when that building is unoccupied. Responds and follows special procedure guidelines. Notifies on-call mechanic and snow removal personnel as required.
3. Keeps the area neat, clean, and orderly at all times, to include, cleaning and painting piping and equipment as needed. Performs maintenance and repair of all equipment.
4. Keeps records as required. Performs chemical testing on each shift. Notifies supervisor of equipment malfunctions or other problems arising during shift.
5. Behaves in a manner consistent with hospital policies and customer service program. Participates in training and orientation of new employees.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
DESIRED High School Diploma or equivalency + additional training
REQUIRED 3-4 years experience in mechanical, electrical, or maintenance field.
DESIRED Power plant operations experience.
License and Certifications:
DESIRED Senior Mechanic Certification
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Subject to extreme heat. Frequently in close quarters. Subject to noise.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Ladder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 25-50
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer