La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Health System, in partnership with the School District of La Crosse, is seeking a licensed Clinical Therapist to work within the Student Family Assistance Program (SFAP). A qualified candidate would specialize in working with children ages 4-10 as this position will provide direct care services to students and families at the elementary level. In addition to providing direct care services to elementary students, this position will also help support mental health related professional development needs for School District of La Crosse staff. Moreover, this position helps to strengthen the continuum of care for students and families struggling with mental health issues. This position will work exclusively in La Crosse Public Schools and follow the 215 day calendar for professional staff. This position will be the equivalent of a .85 FTE and have full Gundersen Health System benefits.
Strengthening the Mental Health Continuum of Care:
- Early intervention pathway for students and families with mental health and/or substance use concerns
- Short-term psychological supports and brief intervention for students and families
- Consultation and collaboration with elementary educators and student services staff
- Psychoeducational support and outreach to students and parents on mental health, wellness, and learner readiness
- Provide parenting/caregiving support to families regarding school transitions, adjustment concerns, and supporting healthy child development
Supporting Professional Development:
- Professional development and collaboration for student services staff to strengthen and expand their school-based mental health service offerings
- Professional development to school staff on a variety of mental health topics as indicated by district need
- Co-facilitated mental health services between behavioral health providers and student services staff to model and reinforce therapeutic skills
- Regular mental health outreach to the entire school community on a variety of mental health topics via newsletters, Facebook page updates, workshops, and other forums
While these positions will work exclusively in La Crosse Public Schools, there will be regular collaboration with Gundersen Health System’s Behavioral Health team which includes almost 80 licensed professionals (Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, and Master's prepared Therapists and Counselors).
Equal Opportunity Employer