La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:36
The Anesthesia Technician cleans and stocks anesthesiology work areas, as well as assists anesthesiology providers as necessary to make anesthesia services available to Gundersen Lutheran patients. Position includes a weekend and holiday on-call responsibility.
1. Assist CRNA/MDA as needed in all operating areas.
- Place monitors on patient
- Assist with intubation
- Answer pages
2. Clean anesthesia equipment in rooms and restock between cases and at the end of the day (terminal cleaning).
3. Set up OR room for all specialty cases and prepare IV's, arterial lines, PA lines, and CVP lines.
4. Prepare rooms for exceptional case set-ups, i.e., pediatrics Mapelson, circuit, peds ventilator; latex allergy; malignant hyperthermia.
5. Stock special carts, i.e., epidural, fiberoptic, peds, emergency, malignant hyper-thermia, drug box, and exhibit knowledge of where to obtain supplies, i.e., stock-room, pharmacy, special orders.
6. Possess knowledge of location of outlying areas and any responsibilities in these areas, i.e., ICU, Peds ICU, Pre-Op, PACU, Respiratory Care, TEC, CT Scan, MRI, Car-diac Cath Lab, Lithotripsy, Special Procedures, OB.
7. Utilize equipment and specialty boxes appropriately; ACT machine (run controls), Hemocue, One-Touch glucose meter, fiberoptic scopes (type, operation of, how to check), emergency intubation box, Bier Block tray, Jet ventilator, latex allergy box, Hot Lines, Level I, Plum pumps, gas machine, monitors.
8. Initiate and adhere to monthly cleaning schedule.
9. Demonstrate role accountability by adhering to Gundersen Lutheran mission, statement, policies and confidentiality standards.
10. Assist in orientation of new personnel.
11. Participate in quality improvement activities, staff meetings and appropriate in-services.
12. Witness waste of controlled substances with Anesthesiology staff in the state of Wisconsin. The states of Minnesota and Iowa require licensed individuals or registered pharmacy technician staff only to witness the waste of controlled substance with anesthesia staff).
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
No experience required.
1 year experience in an acute health care setting
License and Certifications:
Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (NREMT) or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic (NREMT-P) or Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B)
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer