Hillsboro, WI 54634
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
$10,000 full time sign on bonus
$5,000 part time sign on bonus
This position will be working with our local school districts: Hillsboro, Elroy, and Wonewoc.
The Qualified Treatment Trainee provides assessment, diagnosis, individualized treatment planning and high-quality, cost-effective psychotherapy and related services to patients. The Qualified Treatment Trainee works within their Scope of Practice, while applying relevant standards of clinical care and professional ethics. Provides services in a manner that reinforces behavioral health care as part of Gundersen St. Joseph’s approach to working with patients to achieve the best possible level of medical, mental and emotional health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assesses, diagnoses, develops individualized treatment plans and provides high-quality psychotherapy and care coordination for patients with AODA and/or Mental Health problems. This care may include individual, group and family therapies; patient and family education; crisis intervention; consultations; referrals; and follow-up services.
- Advocates for patients and observes the rights of confidentiality, privacy, dignity and respect while working with patients, employees and other individuals.
- Utilizes clinical supervision to improve knowledge/skills related to assessment, diagnosis, treatment and care coordination.
- Meets departmental and organizational standards related to documentation, regulatory compliance and accreditation.
- Applies customer service principles to interactions with patients, Gundersen departments, external referral sources and other organizations.
- Contributes to department goals and strategies (developing programs, improving patient care, assumes a key program role, provides evening hours or performs outreach).
- Participates in departmental professional, medical, patient or community education activities
- Promotes the awareness, recognition and treatment of mental health concerns within other Gundersen departments and the communities served.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
- Master's degree in Social Work or Professional Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- 6 months or less experience completing a clinical internship (as defined by the program)
- 1 year previous work experience with specific patient populations or treatment modalities, as required for particular positions. Previous experience within a hospital, medical group or integrated health care system.
License and Certifications:
- Advanced Practice Social Worker (APSW) or Professional Counselor Training License (PCTL)
- Reports to the Manager, Clinics.
- Works closely with employees within department and throughout facility.
- Frequent contact with patients and families.
- Occasional contact with vendors, public, civic organizations, regulatory agencies and other provider organizations.
- Work is performed within a medical clinic environment.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous materials such as needle puncture, blood and body fluids.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending twisting, kneeling/squatting, grasping, and manual/fine dexterity.
- Near/far vision.
- Ability to hear-close distance.
- Occasional sitting, driving and reaching.
- Ability to lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Megan Wopat
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer