La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:0
Schedule includes 1-2 weekends a month and opportunities for additional hours if available.
This clinical position focuses on assessment of patients using ASAM criteria and recommendations for appropriate level of programming. The counselor also provides outpatient individual therapy and facilitates group with patients with chemical use disorders. The position may be involved in core functions of AODA programming, including education, case management, family work, and/or participation in groups.
1. Performs chemical dependency assessment on referred patients.
2. Develops treatment plan with the patient to address their needs.
3. Refers patient to appropriate level of care.
4. Completes medical chart notes, behavioral Health chart notes, county reporting forms, census sheets and other documentation as appropriate.
5. Providesinpatient AODA consult service as scheduled.
6. Provides individual and/or group counseling.
7. Completes all paperwork requirements as required/submits accurate charges for services on a daily basis.
8. Completes discharge plan.
9. Provides education support to family members.
10. Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Behavioral Health
Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Health
3-4 years experience in assessment and counseling of individuals and groups with substance use disorders.
License and Certifications:
Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) or Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC) in the state(s) of practice
Age Specific Population Served:
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work). Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer