Gundersen Boscobel to offer flu shot clinic hours
Gundersen Boscobel reminds the community that now, more than ever, getting your flu shot is one of the most important and proactive steps you can take to help prevent severe illness in not only yourself, but also those you love.
"This year's flu season brings with it new complexities and increased risk as our communities continue to see an increase of COVID-19 cases, which has similar symptoms to the flu," says Melissa Sander, infection prevention RN, Gundersen Boscobel. "With both COVID-19 and the flu spreading this fall, getting vaccinated will be especially important."
People of all ages can get the flu, from babies and young adults to the elderly. The best way to prevent the flu is to get the flu vaccine (also called the "flu shot" or "flu immunization") each fall. It is especially important for people who are considered at high risk for problems with the flu to be vaccinated, including:
- Children between 6 and 23 months of age
- Those age 65 and over
- Pregnant women in their second and third trimester
- People with health conditions such as heart or lung problems, kidney disease, cystic fibrosis, asthma, etc.
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Healthcare workers
Beginning Sept. 28, GBAHC patients can receive their flu shot during regularly scheduled provider appointment times. In addition, hospitalized patients will be offered vaccination against influenza prior to their discharge. For all others, Gundersen Boscobel will be offering flu shot only appointments at our Specialty Clinic located on Bluff Street beginning Oct. 2.
"We've designated dates/times throughout the month of October for flu shot only appointments. Our goal remains to protect our vulnerable patient population who continues to require care within our primary care clinics, while also ensuring safe distancing," explains Mandy Pettit, director of clinics.
October Flu Shot Clinic Hours:
- Friday, Oct. 2 | 1-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 8 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 | 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 22 | 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23 | 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 28 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 30 | 1:30-4 p.m.
To schedule your flu shot appointment, call (608) 375-4144 or visit gundersenhealth.org/flu to learn more.