Gundersen Boscobel eases visitor guidelines
New visitor guidelines were introduced June 4 at Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital as it continues its safe, careful approach to resuming in-person procedures and appointments.
Emergency, Inpatient and Surgery Services
- Patients will be allowed one (1) visitor age 16 or older per 24-hour period.
- Pediatric patients (17 and under) can have one support person per 24-hour period.
- Each patient/patient spokesperson must designate a visitor. This information will be documented at the Registration Desk.
- Exceptions for end-of-life situations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Clinics and Outpatient Services – No Change
- No visitors allowed.
- Pediatric patients (17 and under) will continue to be allowed one support person.
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis based on patient needs.
Gundersen continues to have multiple touchpoints to ensure the health and safety of patients, visitors, and staff. Entrances continue to be limited to ensure appropriate patient and visitor screening. These policies continue to be in line with other state and national guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask that visitors:
- Bring and wear a cloth face covering for the duration of their visit.
- Answer symptom-based questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival (symptoms include temperature of 100 degrees, new cough, shortness of breath or unexplained body aches).
- Do not visit if they are sick, have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days or have traveled outside the country within the past 14 days.
- Wear the required visitor sticker.
- Limit time outside the patient's room and in hallways.
- Practice physical distancing of at least six feet while onsite, even when wearing a face covering.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
A reminder to patients, if you do not feel well, please call before you come in.
- Gundersen Boscobel Area Primary Care Clinics: (608) 375-4144
- Gundersen Flu Line: (608) 775-0364 (information only)
For more, visit gundersenhealth.org/covid19