Programs offer support for those looking at quitting tobacco. For more information contact Susan Lundsten, Community & Preventive Care Services, (608) 775-5442, or (800) 362-9567, ext. 55442. or e-mail email@example.com
Why Is It So Hard To Quit
Information is provided on nicotine addiction and strategies that can help you through the quitting process. Learn about new products and strategies that can help you quit for good. This free program will be offered several times throughout the year in La Crosse and Onalaska.
Getting You Started to Stop
This four-week program will provide you with information on tobacco cessation and help you understand the products available to help you quit. By the end of the program, you will be able to set up a quit plan and know strategies that will help you prepare for the big day. The cost of the program is $45, which does not include the cost of medications. Individual program times are available and pre-registration is required.
Relapse Prevention Support Sessions
If you're thinking about quitting, are working on it, or need help in coping once you quit, a support session may help you. Our professional staff understands that breaking tobacco dependence is difficult, and we want to provide you with the ongoing support you need. A different health and wellness topic is offered each month. Support sessions are offered the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m., John & Nettie Mooney Health Resource Center, Gundersen Clinic lobby, La Crosse. No fees or registration required to attend.
Quitter to Quitter
A free support system which partners new quitters with ex-smokers/tobacco users. Support can be provided with a phone call, an email or person-to-person.
Gundersen is a trained First Breath site. First Breath is a smoking cessation program for pregnant women who live in Wisconsin. Talk to your physician or provider about First Breath.
If you do not have a personal healthcare provider you may contact Susan Lundsten, (608) 775-5442, or (800) 362-9567, ext. 55442 to access further counseling, support, education, and/or resources to help you break your nicotine addiction OR a one-on-one consultation by appointment:
- Cathy Ford, NP, Vascular Medicine, La Crosse (608) 775-2331
- Rebecca Blank, PA, Pulmonary, La Crosse (608) 775-2791
- Catherine Wilson, NP, IM Onalaska (608) 775-8620
- Susanne Mlsna, NP, Viroqua (608) 637-3195
- ExpressCare locations Onalaska, La Crosse, (608) 775-5858
- Lisa Nutter, NP, La Crescent (507) 895-6610
- Carrie Gerhard, MD, La Crescent (507) 895-6610
- Joseph Caron, MD, La Crescent (507) 895-6610
- Duane Undeland, MD, La Crescent (507) 895-6610
- Jen Hansen, NP, Spring Grove (507) 498-3302 and Houston (507-896-6000
- Robert Breitenbach, MD, Spring Grove (507) 498-3302
- Randi Berg, MD, Spring Grove (507) 498-3302 and Harmony (507) 886-8888
- Diana Nelson, PA-C, Harmony (507) 886-8888
- Linda Runstrom, NP, Houston (507) 896-6000
- Steve Greenwaldt, PA Fayette (563) 425-3381
- Erica Krause Wagner, NP Lansing (563) 538-4874
- Morcechai Lederman, DO Postville, (563) 864-7512
- Andrea Venteicher, MD Waukon (563) 568-3000
- Jessica Everman, PA-C Waukon (563) 568-3000
- Jenny Stegen PA-C, Waukon (563) 568-3000
- Darcy Connelly, West Union (563) 422-3817
- Ken Miller, DO West Union (563) 422-3817
- Vicki Novak, PA West Union (563) 422-3817
- Chaudri Rasool, DO West Union (563) 422-3817