Six-week physical activity challenge begins March 21, 2016
Congratulations to Carrie Andres, West Salem School District! She is the winner of the first 2,000 to register prize drawing.
Register as an individual, team or classroom.
NEW this year we have a great opportunity for teachers and their students! We are giving away ten $100 gift cards just for classrooms that participate. It's easy. You register your classroom and encourage your kids to move 30 minutes every day for 6 weeks. Report total minutes for your classroom no later than May 5 and you are in the drawing for lots of gift cards including 10 especially for classrooms.
With Minutes in Motion, you can:
- Pick any physical activity that fits your lifestyle
- Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity a day
- Total 1,260 minutes over the six weeks
- Win prizes including:
- $500 Ho-Chunk Grand Prize drawing for anyone who completes the challenge
- $200 gift card for being one of the first 2000 to register
- $100 gift card to a Business/Worksite Team
- $100 gift card for a Community Team (friends, family, groups and organizations)
- $100 gift card to one Community Team Captain
- $100 gift card to one Business Team Captain
- $50 gift cards given away every 10 days
- $100 gift cards for 10 classrooms who participate and report their minutes
- Feb. 15 - Registration opens
- Mar. 21 - Challenge begins
- May 1 - Challenge ends
- May 5 - Final minutes due
- May 9 - Prizes announced
This is a special year for Minutes in Motion. It's the 10-year anniversary! Thousands of people have participated over the years reporting millions of minutes of physical activity. Last year 4,761 people reported more than 6 million minutes. This year the goal is to increase the number of participants to 5,000 and 7 million minutes of physical activity.
Minutes in Motion is virtual - people can participate from anywhere and do - 13 states across the United States are represented by past participants. This program can be done anywhere, by everyone regardless of age, ability or location.
This year, Minutes in Motion participants can look forward to a weekly newsletter featuring 10s... like 10 minute challenges, 10 great exercises to try, top 10 energizing recipes and stories featuring past Minutes in Motion winners. And let's not forget the prizes with the $500 Grand Prize sponsored by the Ho-Chunk Nation.
For more information, call Gundersen Health System's Community & Preventive Care Services at (608) 775-4717 or e-mail email@example.com.