Gundersen Health System's Winning Weighs® program gives you the knowledge, tools and confidence for a healthy lifestyle. It rejects the diet mentality and helps you establish a healthy relationship with food. Winning Weighs can help you improve your energy, manage weight-related health conditions and lose weight.
This positive, realistic weight loss approach was developed by Gundersen registered dietitians who provide support, motivation and accountability to help you achieve long-term results. Learn to:
- Develop healthy, mindful eating behaviors
- Manage unhealthy eating behaviors
- Plan and cook satisfying meals
- Make smart restaurant choices
- Determine healthy portion sizes
- Recognize hunger and fullness cues
- Manage set-backs
Winning Weighs runs once a week for 8 sessions then every other week for the remaining 6 sessions to allow time for effective behavior change.
The program includes:
- 14 class sessions
- Program workbook and comprehensive resources
- Support and accountability
- Three individual registered dietitian visits
In addition to the core Winning Weighs program, our registered dietitians also offer tailored programs including:
View Winning Weighs classes and register online.
To learn about other weight loss options or to speak with a weight management consultant, call (608) 775-LOSE.
Characteristics of successful participants: sick of dieting, restricting and feeling guilty for eating pleasurable foods; ready for a lifestyle change and help with long-term goals. Though weight loss is important, health is the primary focus. Like sharing ideas with others.