Hospice Volunteer Paperwork
Volunteers are an important part to the care we provide in Gundersen Health System's Hospice program. Without their dedication and time commitment, we would not be able to provide some of the services we do. We ask Hospice Volunteers to commit a minimum of one year. The amount of time spent volunteering during that year depends on personal preferences and availability. All prospective volunteers must complete 12 hour training. Several topics related to hospice and the end-of-life process will be discussed. The process to become a volunteer includes:
- Completing the hospice volunteer application/questionnaire
- Once the application/questionnaire has been received, the potential volunteer will be contacted for a face-to-face or phone interview
- After the interview, applicants must contact volunteer services at (608) 775-3294 to complete the following:
- General volunteer application form
- Reference forms
- State of Wisconsin background check form
- Immunization and health history form
All volunteers accepted into the program must complete Gundersen orientation. These are held every other Monday and registration is done through volunteer services.
If you have questions or would like more information about volunteering, call Jody Jack-Tranberg at (608) 775-1415 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 51415.