Getting the appropriate level of care for illnesses or injuries
Not sure where to turn for care?
- If possible, your regular doctor/provider will try to see you.
- He or she is most familiar with your health history.
- If not available, another provider may be able to see you that day.
If your primary care provider cannot see you and another provider is not available, other options are:
Speak to one of our nurses
If you are unsure of which place you should go for care, contact Gundersen's Telephone Nurse Advisor at (608) 775-4454 or (800) 858-1050.
- Available 24/7 to answer your questions or address your health concerns.
- Specially trained registered nurses
- Help you decide whether you need emergency care or urgent care, an appointment with your regular doctor/provider or if you can handle the problem at home with advice.
- Free service of Gundersen Health System
Need a primary care doctor/provider?
If you do not have a regular healthcare provider at Gundersen or you have not been seen in the past three years, we can help you establish care with a primary care provider.