Gundersen Health System Spiritual Care and Clinical Pastoral Education are an important part of Gundersen’s history of caring for mind, body, and spirit. Our staff has a deep respect and commitment to serve people of all faith traditions.
Each hospital unit has a chaplain assigned to visit you and there is an on-call chaplain available at all times.
The services we offer include:
- Meet the spiritual needs of patients and families through bedside visitation and sacramental support.
- Address crisis needs.
- Contact your parish pastor, rabbi or congregational leader.
- Support religious/spiritual needs through interfaith worship services, memorial services, rituals, prayers, etc.
- Care for those working through on-going support groups. Visit hospice patients and families.
- Talk with employees to provide spiritual support.
- Provide education and help to complete an Advance Directive.
Clinical Pastoral Education
Gundersen also has a Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program. Our CPE program offers education for ordained and lay ministers interested in developing their pastoral care. Programs include a:
- Yearlong residency
- Summer intensive unit
- Basic extended unit
- Supervisor in Training Program
Students serve in the hospital, palliative care, hospice, and other clinical settings in our community.