As a busy executive, your time and health are two of your most valuable assets. We understand that at Gundersen Health System, that's why we offer our innovative Executive Care Program. It's a comprehensive medical evaluation, complete with an extensive medical history, diagnostic exam and testing all consolidated into a convenient one-day visit. And, because we know your needs are uniquely individual, so is our program. Your examination will be tailored to your medical needs and personal preferences.
Your medical team
Several Gundersen Health System Internal Medicine physicians are part of the Executive Care medical team. They specialize in preventive medicine and health risk assessments and will coordinate your care. In addition, our physicians collaborate with an entire team of Gundersen experts as part of your comprehensive medical evaluation. A physician will be designated to coordinate your care. Your physician will take a detailed medical history and perform your diagnostic examination. They will coordinate your testing and discuss with you any medically necessary additional testing indicated following your examination. When all testing is completed, your physician will review your results with you and answer any questions. If you would like any of your medical information sent to your primary care provider, we would be happy to do that. You will receive a portfolio with your results to take home with you.
For your convenience
To help you move smoothly through the Executive Care Program, a Gundersen associate will accompany you through the process. The associate will greet you upon arrival in La Crosse and will lead you to your appointments throughout the day. If you have any needs during your time with us, our associate will be happy to help you.
The Executive Care Program includes the following examinations and testing to detect any health problems early or to determine any areas where preventive measures may help avoid health issues from developing:
- Cardiac stress testing with an electrocardiogram (EKG) to assess for silent or asymptomatic heart disease.
- Spirometry lung volume testing to assess for underlying lung diseases such as emphysema, chronic obstructive lung disease or asthma.
- An extensive medical history and diagnostic examination.
- Comprehensive laboratory testing, including:
- Complete blood count and blood chemistry to determine internal organ function
- Full urinalysis including a microscopic and chemical analysis of the urine to detect blood, protein, sugar and evidence of infection
- Fasting lipid screening for total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglyceride levels
- Highly sensitive C-reactive protein marker for vascular inflammation, which helps assess cardiovascular risk
- Prostatic specific antigen (PSA) test for a protein that is elevated in diseases of the prostate males)
- Vitamin D testing
- Hepatitis C testing where applicable
- Aortic ultrasound
- Carotid ultrasound
- Renal ultrasound
- CT-CAD (coronary artery disease) to see if coronary arteries are blocked or narrowed by plaque buildup
- Pap smear, 3-D mammography and bone density (females)
- Skin cancer screening
- Nutrition counseling and body composition analysis with a registered dietitian
- Exercise physiologist counseling to develop a personalized exercise program
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Colonoscopy (testing preparation required)
- This test is strongly recommended for all individuals age 50 and older who have never had a colon cancer screening and individuals younger than 50 with a family history of colon cancer or colon polyps
- Summary visit with a physician
- Binder with testing summary and recommendations
Gundersen also offers a variety of elective and cosmetic services such as laser skin treatments, reconstructive surgery, LASIK eye surgery and more. Let us know if you'd like more information.