Bariatric Surgery Second Opinion
Want options? Need a second opinion? We offer the latest minimally invasive techniques for bariatric surgery:
Our bariatric surgery program has low complication rates and outstanding outcomes, including:
- Two-day hospital stays for most patients, with less pain and a quicker recovery.
- No deaths from bariatric surgery. The national death rate due to surgical complications is one in 100-200.
- Weight loss one year after surgery of 72 percent, compared to 66 percent nationally.
- One of the lowest incidences of leak of intestinal juices at 0.3 percent.
- Dramatic improvement, and in many cases complete resolution, of conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea.
With a second opinion comes peace of mind
Having more than one expert opinion can be especially beneficial if:
- You have a complex surgical case
- There are multiple options available
- Other health problems make surgery riskier
- You've been told your condition is inoperable or there's no other treatment
- You are anxious about choosing the right treatment
Getting a second opinion
If your doctor is part of another healthcare organization, you can still select Gundersen as your bariatric care provider or for a second opinion. You should check with your insurance plan to see if a second opinion appointment or tests are covered, if Gundersen is an in-network or out-of-network provider, and what, if any, are your out of pocket costs. We can provide you with an estimate of the cost.
An appointment for a second opinion can usually be arranged in one to three work days. We'll work with you and your primary care provider to get access to your medical records and the results of tests you may have already had.
Contact us today
The information you provide us is confidential. It will be used for care and follow-up purposes only, and will not be shared with any third parties.