Vascular Care Second Opinion
Want options? Need a second opinion? At Gundersen Health System we provide a multi-disciplinary approach to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases, such as:
We can meet with you and review your medical history to provide you with a second opinion about how best to treat your vascular conditions:
- Laser treatments, injections or vein stripping for varicose veins
- Procedures to open narrowed or blocked vessels
- Surgery to bypass blocked and/or damaged vessels
- Aneurysm repair
- Other vascular conditions
With a second opinion comes peace of mind
Having more than one expert opinion can be especially beneficial if:
- You have a complex surgical case
- There are multiple options available
- Other health problems make surgery riskier
- You've been told your condition is inoperable or there's no other treatment
- You are anxious about choosing the right treatment
Getting a second opinion
If your doctor is part of another healthcare organization, you can still select Gundersen as your vascular care provider or for a second opinion. You should check with your insurance plan to see if a second opinion appointment or tests are covered, if Gundersen is an in-network or out-of-network provider, and what, if any, are your out of pocket costs. We can provide you with an estimate of the cost.
An appointment for a second opinion can usually be arranged in one to three work days. We'll work with you and your primary care provider to get access to your medical records and the results of tests you may have already had.
Contact us today
The information you provide us is confidential. It will be used for care and follow-up purposes only, and will not be shared with any third parties.