Walking & Running
A Gundersen Sports Medicine running evaluation is performed by a sports medicine professional who has advanced training and knowledge in identifying and correcting mechanical faults in your running style and body mechanics.
Whether you compete in marathons or run a few miles per week to stay fit, you may have questions, such as:
- Are there concerns with my running style?
- Are my shoes the cause of my knee pain?
- What training tips will help me improve my performance?
- How can I prevent injury?
A customized gait analysis can help provide answers to these questions and more. Our sports medicine experts will evaluate your running form and technique, allowing you to achieve your personal best.
Silver package, $200
- Review medical history and current running program
- Musculoskeletal evaluation (physical assessment)
- 2-D gait analysis (video of your running and walking mechanics)
- Video review with you followed by a discussion of potential performance faults and injury-causing problems
- Shoe/orthotic recommendations
- One 30-minute follow-up for individualized home exercise program and shoe check
- Return to running guidelines and progression, flexibility and stretching exercises, injury management strategies and strength and conditioning instructions may also be discussed during your session
Gold package, $300
- Includes entire Silver package, plus:
- Three total follow-up sessions for exercise/training instruction and shoe check
What to bring
- Please bring or wear your running shoes, shorts and any orthotic devices.