Safety in the Hospital
Gundersen Health System wants parents and their new baby to be safe while staying with us.
Here are some safety tips to follow:
- Never leave your baby unsupervised in your room.
- Keep the curtain pulled or the door closed so there is not a clear view of your baby or your activities.
- Only give your baby to properly identified personnel. All Gundersen personnel should have photo IDs. When in doubt, accompany your baby and nurse to the Nursery or refuse to give up your child to anyone you don't recognize.
- Call your nurse to inquire about unscheduled tests or lab work. Medical and nursing students will wear appropriate school ID name pins.
- Do not take your baby off the Postpartum Unit.
- Always use the infant crib when transporting your baby in the hallway.
- Never give out personal information about you or your baby to interested strangers on the unit.
- Hospital staff will escort the family and baby to the front of the hospital on discharge.