Pregnancy & Birth
At Gundersen Health System, we deliver more babies than any other hospital in western Wisconsin, so you get highly experienced staff caring for you and your growing family.
We believe parents are the most important care providers for their newborns. That is why we are committed to providing family-centered care and a personalized birthing experience.
From the time you begin planning to the moment you learn you’re pregnant, our team will work with you to ensure the best possible health for you and your baby.
We offer a full range of prenatal and obstetrical services, including:
- Your choice of obstetrician, certified nurse midwife or family doctor
- Regular prenatal care, including ultrasound
- Optional water birth for low-risk pregnancies
- Prenatal classes including sibling preparation
- Recently remodeled birthing center
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC), with success rate of 94 percent
- Breastfeeding support from certified lactation consultants
Specialty services available, if needed, for your peace of mind, include:
Prenatal care is offered at most of our primary care clinics and we deliver babies in the following communities: