Specialty Pharmacy Service
If you are taking a specialty medication to treat a complex health condition, Gundersen Health System's Specialty Pharmacy Service is here to offer personalized support to help you successfully manage your condition. It is a benefit available to you at no cost.
Gundersen pharmacists are highly skilled in the unique handling, storage and administration that specialty medications require. As part of your care team, they will track your progress, help you maintain your therapy and answer your questions—for as long as your treatment requires.
Because our pharmacists are part of the same system as your Gundersen healthcare providers, they can easily consult with the doctors you know and trust. They will work together to make sure that you are getting the most cost-effective and appropriate medication.
Services we offer
You can expect Gundersen Pharmacy to:
- Help get any prior authorizations needed
- Find financial assistance programs
- Provide the information you need to take your medication correctly
- Help you manage side effects and symptoms
- Answer questions about your medication or condition
- Inform you about insurance coverage limitations for your specialty medication
- Inform you of any recalls, delays or disasters that could impact your specialty medication order
- Assist in finding where you may get your specialty medication if Gundersen Pharmacy is not able to fill it
- Assist in transferring your prescription to a different pharmacy, if needed
- Inform you of any changes with your medications
The Gundersen Specialty Pharmacy Service can help make it easier to stay on track with your treatment with reminders before it is time to refill your prescription. You may opt out of this additional service at any time.
If you participate in the Specialty Pharmacy Service, we will contact you to:
- Track your progress
- Coordinate delivery of your medication and supplies
- Order refills of your specialty medication prior to every refill due date
- Review your full medication list with you on a quarterly basis
Quick and convenient refills
We make it easy to stay on track with your treatment with a reminder phone call a few days before it is time to refill your prescription. We will work with you on your preferred delivery time and location.
Free delivery or pick up
You can choose to pick up your medication at one of the three Gundersen Pharmacies in La Crosse or Onalaska, or you can have your medication delivered or shipped for free.
If you want to speak face-to-face with a pharmacist and pick up your medication in person, you can do so at one of our three locations:
Gundersen Specialty Pharmacy Service, located within Gundersen La Crosse Pharmacy
1836 South Avenue
La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen East Pharmacy
724 Denton Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Onalaska Pharmacy
3111 Gundersen Drive
Onalaska, WI 54650
Please contact Gundersen Pharmacy if you:
- Have an insurance change
- Have a new allergy or change in your medications
- Have a question about your medications such as order status, side effects or any other concern
- Need a refill of your specialty medication before the refill due date
- Please note that it may take several days to order and prepare your specialty medication refill. If possible, please request your specialty medication refill at least two business days before you need it.
You can reach us toll-free at (877) 208-1096 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.