Pediatric Digestive Health
If your child has complex digestive conditions and diseases involving the esophagus, stomach, large bowel, small bowel, gallbladder, liver and pancreas, Gundersen has a specialist who may be able to help.
Conditions and diseases we treat:
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Feeding problems
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Celiac disease
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Liver disease (Acute and chronic Hepatitis; Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, NAFLD)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (an allergic condition that inflames the esophagus)
- Pancreatic disease (Acute and chronic pancreatitis)
Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures may include:
- Upper endoscopy - Your child is sedated and a flexible tube with a light and camera is inserted down their throat so the doctor can see, take samples and perform procedures.
- Colonoscopy - This procedure allows the doctor to check your large intestine or colon.
- 24-hour pH/Impedance probe monitoring
- Video capsule endoscopy - (small bowel capsule endoscopy) A capsule containing a camera is swallowed and it allows the specialist to see what is happening in your child's digestive tract.
- Anorectal manometry (a test to measure how well the muscles affecting bowel movements are working)
- Lactose and fructose breath hydrogen tests
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)