Schedule physicals early
Physicals should be more than a quick once over.
Like you, we believe every child should receive the best healthcare. That's why at Gundersen Health System, your child gets a complete head-to-toe physical exam. This is also your time to ask questions about your child's health and development.
With busy summer schedules it's easy to put off the physical required for sports programs,* camp, college entrance and general preventive care. Don't delay - schedule your child's comprehensive physical today!
For an appointment, contact your child's primary care provider or the Gundersen Clinic nearest you.
It's important to bring the following items to the sports physical:
- Current immunization record
- If under age 18, bring a parent or written permission with parent signature
- Insurance information***
- Completed and signed sports physical form:
- *According to the MSHSL, physical exams are valid for 3 years with a normal Annual Health Questionnaire.
- * According to the WIAA, a physical exam performed after April 1 is valid for the following two school years. Athletes under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or have signed parental consent.
- * According to the IHSAA, physical exams are valid for one calendar year. Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or have signed parental consent.
- ** We cannot guarantee wait times. If experiencing unusually high volume, ExpressCare staff may suggest you return at another time.
- *** Services can be billed to your insurance and no copay is necessary at the time of your visit, or you have the option of paying the $64 fee out of pocket.