People who have medical conditions that treatment can't cure may find the strength and support they need with Gundersen Health System's Hospice program.
Hospice is for patients who have a life-limiting illness, as well as for their families. We work to provide care that matches a person's goals and values—with an emphasis on improving quality of life and symptoms—while also supporting the entire family.
Gundersen Hospice provides care for adult and pediatric patients. Through our services, we bring high-quality care into the very place each patient feels most comfortable and secure: wherever they call home.
Ours, like many other Hospice programs, was started by volunteers. To continue to sustain the program, ongoing community support is needed. If you would like to help Hospice patients and families, you can:
- Donate online to Hospice through the Gundersen Medical Foundation, and select "Hospice" from the Designation dropdown menu.
- Mail a donation to: Gundersen Medical Foundation, 1836 S. Ave., La Crosse, WI 54601. Please make checks payable to Gundersen Medical Foundation and indicate Hospice in the check memo.
- Donations to Gundersen West Union Hospice can be made through the Palmer Memorial Foundation.
How your generosity changes lives
Supporting Gundersen Hospice means supporting patients and families struggling with a life-limiting illness. Your generosity will help fund:
- Education and teaching materials for patients, their families and the community
- Staff and volunteer training and events
- Memory making supplies (picture books, memory boxes, etc.)
- Yarn for comfort shawls made by volunteers and given to Hospice patients
- Durable medical equipment needed in the home but not covered by insurance
- Bereavement support