Cardiac Rehab and Exercise Programs
Gundersen exercise physiologists play an integral role in helping patients maximize function after a serious illness. We offer a number of medically supervised exercise programs that are tailored to your specific needs. The programs combine exercise, education and socialization to help you achieve and maintain your highest level of function, health and independence.
Cardiac rehabilitation helps you after heart surgery, heart attack or other heart problems. It includes medically supervised activity, ongoing monitoring, and education about risk factor modification and a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Get Movin'…to Better Health is a 6-week educational fitness program for people with chronic conditions that limit their quality of life. We'll help you set program goals, establish a safe exercise routine and learn how to exercise at home.
Movin' and Improvin' is a safe, effective, medically supervised exercise program if you have medical concerns. It can be a lifelong exercise program or a short-term fitness extension.
MetaBalance - Journey to Better Health is an 11-month program of exercise, nutrition and behavior modification. We hope to help you achieve a 7 percent weight loss and push you to put in 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.
To learn more about any of these programs talk to your primary care provider, cardiologist or call Exercise Physiology at (608) 775-2955.
What does an exercise physiologist do?
Our exercise physiologists:
- Develop individualized exercise programs to meet healthcare needs and goals
- Provide ongoing monitoring and education about risk factor modification and a healthy lifestyle
- Offer exercise consults to establish custom exercise plan and goals
- Collaborate with other Gundersen departments to provide exercise consults for patients with PAD, cancer, chronic pain and other health concerns
- Counsel inpatients on tobacco cessation