Pricing & Financing
You want a program that will provide the best value for your money. Gundersen Fertility Center has success rates above the national average at a price competitive with other fertility centers.
- Significantly discounted prices and pricing packages for patients without insurance
- Comprehensive package pricing
- No hidden costs
Gundersen IVF Packages
- 2016 IVF price = $9,500
- IVF using vitrified donor eggs = $7,000
- *The cost does not include a cycle coordination fee
Because IVF is typically not covered by insurance, we have developed some risk-sharing packages to help increase your overall chance of success:
- 2-transfer package (using own eggs) = $11,000 (call our billing representative for details*)
- Multi-cycle package (using own eggs) = $17,200 (call our billing representative for details*)
*Billing representatives can be reached at (608) 775-5702
- Baseline ultrasound and all monitoring ultrasounds
- Baseline estradiol and all monitoring estradiol levels
- One progesterone level at the end of your stimulation
- Cryopreservation of a backup semen specimen
- Egg retrieval with conscious sedation and ultrasound guidance
- Egg identification and sperm preparation
- Egg insemination and culture of embryos
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) if necessary
- Preparation of embryos for transfer
- Assisted hatching of embryos if necessary
- Embryo transfer with ultrasound guidance
Costs do not include
- Testing or workup that may be required prior to the IVF cycle, which might be covered by insurance. Contact a billing representative for assistance.
- Cycle medications to stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs or prepare the uterus to accept the embryos.
- Cryopreservation or freezing of extra embryos (unless you choose one of the multi cycle packages).
- Frozen embryo storage.
Other IVF programs may appear to be less expensive, but may have hidden fees. Watch out for:
- Extra fees for needed services such as ICSI, ultrasounds or laboratory testing.
- Shared risk or warranty packages that could cost more than a single IVF cycle and criteria to qualify are strict.
When comparing prices, it's important to look closely at what is included in each package. Use this worksheet to help you calculate the actual cost of in vitro fertilization.
Pricing available upon request
Pricing is available upon request for:
- IVF using frozen anonymous donor eggs from an egg bank
- Frozen embryo transfer cycle
- Frozen embryo transfer cycle using gestational surrogate
- Surgical Sperm Aspiration
- Fertility preservation
If you have financing questions, we recommend that you talk to your bank, credit union or other lending institution to review your available options, or search "IVF lending" online.
Gundersen requires prepayment for all major infertility services not covered by insurance. You may pay using the following options:
- American Express
- Discover Card
- Certified Check
Your employer may have a flexible spending benefit. It takes money from your paycheck pre-tax and makes it available for you to spend on medical care not covered by your insurance, saving you money. Contact your employer's benefits office for more details.