LASIK Laser Vision Correction Surgery
Imagine seeing the world with crisp, brilliant clarity without glasses or contact lenses. The FDA-approved LASIK laser vision correction surgery performed at Gundersen is a quick and painless procedure.
Thanks to the latest LASIK technology, it is now possible for you to have better vision than is possible with prescription glasses or contact lenses. With LASIK, our doctors can correct your nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism with faster treatment times and more precise outcomes than ever before.
During LASIK, a thin flap of the cornea is created using state-of-the-art laser technology and folded out of the way. Another high-tech laser is used to precisely and gently sculpt the cornea to correct your vision problem. The flap is then placed back over the treated area. It bonds within minutes to provide comfort and rapid vision recovery. There are no sutures and eye drops are the only anesthetic needed.
You will see better by the time you leave the clinic, and your vision will continue to improve throughout the day. When you wake up the next morning, you can expect excellent vision without glasses. Most of our patients achieve 20/20 or better vision without glasses with LASIK. Less than three percent of eyes will need minor laser adjustment to achieve this vision.
Why choose Gundersen Health System
Your eyesight is important! When deciding on a physician and clinic for your vision correction procedure, consider the benefits Gundersen Health System can offer you:
- Gundersen eye surgeons have performed vision correction surgery on thousands of eyes since 1984. We were the first in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa and we have the most experience in the area.
- We have the most advanced in-house (not a traveling unit) laser technology.
- There's one fee with no hidden charges and free enhancements, if needed, for a year following your procedure.
- Convenient access to post-operative care at several Gundersen Eye Clinic locations.
- Great results—at one month post-procedure, 100% of our patients see 20/30 vision or better without glasses, 99% see 20/25 or better and 90% see 20/20 or better.
LASIK technology at Gundersen
Gundersen eye surgeons use the latest form of LASIK treatment available using the Alcon Wavelight® Refractive Suite—the fastest and most precise laser vision correction system. It offers:
- The shortest treatment times available anywhere, minimizing fatigue and anxiety, while providing great results
- Advanced integrated technology that enhances precision and provides the surgeon with patient-specific data in real-time during surgery
- Fewer side effects like halos and poor night vision
- The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser to create a flap in seconds with precision and accuracy
- The precise, customizable WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser used to reshape the cornea so incoming light rays focus correctly on the retina giving you crisp, clear vision
- Laser treatments customized to your eyes using scans of your eyes' precise characteristics
Your vision correction team
We can provide you with the highest quality care and expertise thanks to our experienced team, including:
- The Tri-State area's leading LASIK surgeons: Christopher Born, MD, Paul Kuck, MD, and Matthew Runde, MD who all have more than 20 to 30 years of experience correcting vision
- Vision correction coordinators who can answer your questions and schedule your procedure so it's as convenient as possible for you
- Vision correction technicians and procedure assistants who will work with you throughout your evaluation, procedure and recovery
Before you have vision correction surgery at Gundersen, you'll need to have an evaluation. This is provided at no cost or obligation and is scheduled through our coordinators. This exam includes:
- Tests to determine if you are a candidate for a procedure
- Complete eye exam
- Assessment of pupil size and corneal thickness
- Time for questions