Call the Cancer Center for help managing side effects of treatment
Cancer treatment affects everyone differently. Some people rarely experience side effects, while others do more frequently. If you are affected by any of the following, the Cancer Center is here to help you manage your symptoms—no matter if it's during business hour, at night or over a holiday:
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Shaking, chills or both
- Pain that gets worse or is difficult to control
- Change in mental status or confusion
- Breathing problems
- Upset stomach that medicine cannot control
- Bleeding or bruising
- Swelling in legs
- Increasing fatigue
- Diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours
- Constipation that lasts more than two days
During business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday), call the Cancer Center at (608) 775-2385 or toll-free at (800) 362-9567 and ask for extension 52385.
For help managing treatment side effects outside of business hours or on a holiday, call (608) 782-7300 and ask for the oncologist or hematologist on call.
In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.