Parents Raising Resilient Children
Gundersen Health System offers this FREE program to equip parents with effective strategies to raise healthy and resilient children.
This is a flexible program. Parents can start at any time in the program cycle and attend only the topics of interest but are encouraged to attend all eight classes. Registration is required for each class.
Classes are on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sessions are offered in the spring, summer and fall.
A companion program, designed specifically for kids ages 3–10, will be held at the same time and location. Children will learn about friendship, emotions and problem solving through cooperative games, activities and craft projects each week.
- Understanding Your Child's Behavior (Jan. 23 and March 20)
- Young Children's Exposure to Violence (Jan. 30 and March 27)
- Understanding and Controlling Parents' Anger (Feb. 6 and April 3)
- Understanding and Helping Angry Children (Feb. 13 and April 10)
- Children and Electronic Media (Feb. 20 and April 17)
- Discipline and Parenting Styles (Feb. 27 and April 24)
- Discipline and Positive Behaviors (March 6 and May 1)
- Overcoming Barriers to Change and Making Change Last (March 13 and May 8)
Classes are held at the Onalaska Clinic, Lower Education Room.
If you have any questions, contact the Parent Education Coordinator at (608) 775-4419 or email@example.com.