Disease Specific-Patient Centered Advance Care Planning in Stage IV Non-Curative Oncology/Hematology Patients
Study Status: Open to enrollment
Why is this study being done?
DSACP will be superior to usual care in knowledge of ACP, consistency between surrogate actions and documented patient preferences, surrogate conflict and distress, and number and quality of end of life discussions.
Who is eligible to participate? (sex, age, health status, other)
Eligible patients will meet the following criteria:
- Patient able to communicate/ able to understand information/ make choices.
- Patient has healthcare agent.
- Patient is 18 years of age or greater.
- Healthcare Agent is 18 years or older.
- Patient can read, write, and speak English as their primary language.
- Patient has non curative Stage IV cancer.
- Cancer is refractory to or has progressed on first-line systemic therapy; or the patient has chosen NO treatment.
- Patient does NOT have an ACP documented within the past 6 months.
Final eligibility for a clinical trial is determined by the health professionals conducting the trial.
Additional requirements / information:
Subject and his/her agent will be asked to complete questionnaires upon enrollment and throughout the course of study participation.