It may sound hard to believe, but you can have six-pack abs. A big myth is that you have to do dozens of crunches or other ab-specific exercises every day, but the truth is your best strategy for getting strong, well-toned abs is to:
- Work on your abs about two to three times a week.
- Rest at least a day between each ab workout.
- Rotate the exercises you're doing.
- Including both strength exercises and aerobic activity.
- Work on strengthening your entire core including abs, lower back and torso.
- Start with two sets of 10 to 15 repetitions, then increase to three sets of 20.
- Practice good nutrition including plenty of fruits, veggies and lean protein.
For some exercises to help strengthen your core click here or visit Gundersen Lutheran's Balance Your 7 website at balanceyour7.com.
To further enhance your new-found six-pack consider our Skin TyteTM treatments. Skin Tyte is a non-surgical way to get firmer, more youthful looking skin. We use broadband light and cooling technology to provide a safe and relatively comfortable procedure.
Light energy penetrates to the deeper layer of your skin stimulating the natural repair of cells and production of new collagen which leads to firmer skin.
Some patients see immediate results while others might see a more gradual improvement over four months. Three to four treatments are generally recommended with one to two maintenance treatments per year. Results will last for more than a year.
Skin Tyte is safe for all skin types and can be used on any area of the body. In addition to your abdomen, other popular treatment areas include the face, neck, arms and legs. Since Skin Tyte is non-invasive, you can return to normal activity following treatment.
Call us at Gundersen Lutheran Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics at (608) 775-1943 to schedule your Skin Tyte treatment(s).