Children have special needs that require special care close to home, which is why Gundersen Health System is proud to offer the pediatric surgery expertise of Sig Gundersen, III, MD, FACS
, who has been performing pediatric surgery at Gundersen for years.
Dr. Gundersen provides a full range of surgical services including:
Dr. Sig Gundersen III
- Prenatal consultation for newborn surgical conditions, such as abdominal wall defects.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy and treatment of acute or chronic abdominal pain or other conditions, including cholecystectomy, splenectomy or excisional biopsy of suspicious masses.
- Hernias and hydroceles.
- Laparoscopic pull-down of undescended testes.
- Laparoscopic evaluation and management of children with ovarian or testicular masses or torsion.
- Surgical oncology, including large scale resections or simple biopsy.
- Evaluation of pediatric gastro-intestinal reflux, with laparoscopic fundoplication and G-button placement.
- Pediatric gastro-intestinal endoscopy, for reflux evaluation, foreign body removal and esophageal stricture management.
- Thoracoscopic biopsy of pulmonary or mediastinal masses.
- Neonatal congenital defects, such as esophageal atresia or imperforate anus.
- Resection of lung masses or cysts.
- Diagnosis of pediatric bowel motility problems, including biopsy for Hirschsprung’s disease.