Patients will be provided age-appropriate nutrition during their hospital stay. Patients who are on a regular diet can use room service and order their meal choice directly from Nutrition Services. Parents can ask the nurse for more details.
Families and visitors have several options for meals:
- The dining room is located on the first floor of the hospital and is open 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- A vending area is located in the Family Lounge near the Welcome Desk.
- There are many restaurants throughout the La Crosse area. Family should tell the nurse where they can be reached and the time they expect to return.
- Families may bring in a special meal or have it delivered. If they are planning a special meal, they should inform the nursing staff.
- Guest trays can be ordered through the nurse for family. These meals are not covered by insurance and will be included in the hospital bill.
For more information about hospital stays for children and teens, call (608) 775-3375 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 53375.