Partners of Gundersen Lutheran are accepting applications for the 2013 (annual program/up to $10,000 total) scholarship program. The scholarship committee, based on applicant quantity and qualifications, will determine number of scholarships and award amount. The instruction must be part of a recognized program, which provides a degree or credential in a health care occupation. Previous recipients of this scholarship can apply, but are only eligible to receive a total of two Gundersen Lutheran Employee Children Scholarships during their health career pursuits from Gundersen Lutheran Partners.
- All requirements must be met before the committee will consider the application. The following statements must be true.
- Applicant is a child of a current employee (or their spouse/partner) of the Gundersen Lutheran Health System.
- Applicant is enrolled/enrolling in a college as an undergraduate or advanced degree student pursuing a career or furthering their education in a health care field.
- Applicant is in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant is responsible for seeing that the following materials are received in the following order by Partners of Gundersen Lutheran Scholarship Chair by Wednesday, June 19 for review.
- Completed application form.
- A typed one page letter expressing his/her reasons for desiring to pursue a career or further his/her education in a health care field; also include reasons for seeking financial assistance.
- A high school transcript showing grade point and class ranking (if incoming college freshman) Application will be accompanied by most recent transcript.
- A list of extracurricular activities and work experiences throughout the student’s life should not exceed two pages.
- Two written references that know applicant well and are not relatives or members of the sponsoring organization (Partners).
- One written reference from an individual in a health related field.
- References need to be current and dated within the years 2012-2013.
- The application needs to be COMPLETE at time of submission. No additional materials will be accepted after submission.
- Any application received after June 19, 2013 will be disqualified—no exceptions.
Applicants will be notified of the selection in August. The scholarship check is written directly to the college; therefore the recipient must be enrolled in a college at the time of acceptance. Those individuals not selected will be notified in writing.
Applications for the scholarship are also available in the Volunteer Services/Partners Office, third floor Hospital north wing. If you have any questions, please contact us at (608) 775-3602. Please send applications to:
Partners of Gundersen Lutheran
1900 South Avenue (Mailstop H03-004)
La Crosse, WI 54601