Established in 1950, Gundersen Partners, the Health System Auxiliary, aims to build relationships with patients and community members through active engagement and response to community needs of enhanced healthcare. The Health System Auxiliary differs from Volunteer Services through required membership, service and scholarship.
Gundersen Partners, the Health System Auxiliary, will build an organization that draws upon the talents of its membership to support Gundersen Health System patients, families and staff. We will be ambassadors to the community by discovering and building relationships to connect community needs to Gundersen Partners service and fundraising.
Gundersen Partners seeks to make a difference in the lives of patients, families and our community by serving as a group of caring, committed individuals dedicated to exploring ways to support healthcare education and to enhance patient care through service and fundraising.
Gundersen Partners Sponsored Areas of Service and Fundraising
Gundersen Partners is affiliated with:
- Partners of Wisconsin Hospital Association (WHA)
- Partners of WHA Western District
- Healthy Families Collaborative
- Partners for Reading
Gundersen Partners members who wish to volunteer in service programs need to schedule a pre-interview and participate in the orientation process with Volunteer Services.
Gundersen Partners the Health System Auxiliary is proud to sponsor several important events such as:
- Organ/Tissue Donation Education Fair
- Gundersen Blood Drives
- Celebrate Life Cancer Survivor Event
- Reach Out and Read
- Organ Donor Quilt Project
- Hamilton Elementary School Giving Tree
- Steppin' Out In Pink
Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month. If the meeting day falls on the date of the WHA Annual Convention or District meeting, the Board meeting will be scheduled for another day.
Members shown left to right: Bonnie Hicks (Director), Linda Gillette (Director), Linda Arentz (Co-Treasurer), Vicky Jessen (Partners Office Assistant), Maria Runde (President), Martha Balfany (Director), Eileen Wiltinger (Gift Shop Coordinator), Lori Van Lin (Volunteer Services Director) Back row: Sandy Drexler (Director), Deborah Veglahn (Co-Treasurer), Kathy Lucey (Past President). Absent are: John Hendricks (Director), Sally Miner (Director), Joan Brueggeman (Director), Marilyn McElligott (Historian, Parliamentarian), Beth Smith-Houskamp (VP, CNO and Hospital Administrator), Brian Vamstad (Public Policy Chair), and Kathy Koehne (Community Health Education Chair).
Gundersen Partners 2016 Board members include:
- President – Maria Runde
- Co-Treasurer – Linda Arentz
- Co- Treasurer – Deborah Veglahn
- Secretary – Sally Miner
- Past President – Kathy Lucey
- Directors – Martha Balfany, Joan Brueggeman, Sandy Drexler, Linda Gillette, John Hendricks, and Bonnie Hicks
- Community Health Education Chair – Kathy Koehne
- Public Policy Education Chair – Brian Vamstad
- Historian/Parliamentarian – Marilyn McElligott
- Ex-Officio/Administrative Liaisons – Beth Smith-Houskamp, Admin., Vice President and Hospital Administrator; Lori Van Lin, Director of Volunteer Services; Eileen Wiltinger, Gift Shop Supervisor; Vicky Jessen, Office Assistant
Membership is open to adults who support the purpose of Gundersen Partners, the Health System Auxiliary, and pay annual dues. Annual dues are $10. Calendar year is Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.
Honorary members are recognized for outstanding service. They receive all benefits of membership but pay no dues. This honor is extended to ten living members. Names are submitted to the membership by a nominating committee.
Meetings are scheduled by the Board. A joint luncheon is held in spring with Franciscan Skemp Auxiliary.
Get a membership application
If you have questions about becoming a member, contact the Gundersen Partners.