Minutes in Motion registration begins March 1
Gundersen Health System's annual community physical activity challenge, Minutes in Motion, kicks off on April 1. Join this free, six-week physical activity challenge on your own or form a team with your family, co-workers or classrooms.
"The goal of Minutes in Motion is to be active for 30 minutes each day for six weeks," explains Carrie Zimmerman, wellness education specialist at Gundersen. "Activities can include anything from walking your dog, gardening or playing with your kids to jogging, biking or running. Do something you enjoy! Any activity where you are moving your body counts toward your Minutes in Motion!"
Each week participants need to log at least 210 minutes and will then be entered to win one of two $50 gift cards. Last year 3,857 people registered for Minutes in Motion. More than 30 percent reported losing an average of 6.5 pounds during the challenge; 56 percent had more energy, 53.7 percent improved their mood and 42.4 percent felt more productive.
Beginning March 1, register for Minutes in Motion by going to www.gundersenhealth.org/mim or calling Gundersen Community and Preventive Care Services at (608) 775-4717 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 54717.
Additional prizes include:
- For every 1,000 people who register, one lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card. The earlier you register, the more chances you have to win! Encourage friends and family to register. More participants create more chances for everyone to win prizes!
- If the goal of 8 million logged total minutes is reached, participants will have a chance to win a $100 gift card.
- All team captains will be entered into a drawing for one of four $50 gift cards.
- Grand Prize $500 gift card sponsored by Ho-Chunk
Along with Gundersen Health System and Gundersen Medical Foundation, our community partners of the event include: Ho-Chunk Nation, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, WXOW News 19, and the La Crosse Tribune.
Mark your calendar
- March 1 – Registration begins
- April 1 – Challenge begins
- May 12 – Challenge ends
- May 16 – Final minutes due
- May 18 – Winners announced