Nominees being accepted for Paula J. Tower Memorial Award
Recognize the power of one
The Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, supported by Gundersen Medical Foundation, is currently accepting nominations for the annual Paula J. Tower Memorial Award.
This award was established to honor Paula Tower's legacy and to remember the difference just one person can make. Paula was a mammography technologist who worked at Gundersen Health System for more than 16 years. In July 2004, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and her body surrendered to the disease in 2007.
Every year, this award is given to one individual in the Coulee Region who has exemplified the selfless giving of time and energy to advance the message of hope for a future without breast cancer. The winner will be announced at Gundersen's Steppin' Out in Pink event on Saturday, Sept. 9. The kickoff will begin at 8:45 a.m. on the main stage with the official start of the walk at 9 a.m.
All applications are due no later than Tuesday, Aug. 1. Email your application to Deb Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Paula J. Tower Memorial Award, Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, Attn: Deb Frye, 1900 South Avenue, EB1-002, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Criteria for the award:
- The nominee must reside in Iowa, Minnesota or Wisconsin.
- The nominee must have given his or her time and energy to help support local breast cancer programs or have made a significant influence in our community by dealing with breast cancer education, screening, treatment and/or support programs.
- Nominations will be accepted from the general public and should be typed or handwritten on a separate sheet of paper.
All nominations must include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Nominee's name, address and phone number
- Detailed description of how the nominee meets the selection criteria