From the moment you find out you're pregnant until after your baby is born, our providers will monitor the health of you and your baby. Regular prenatal care is the key to ensuring both you and your baby are healthy.
Prenatal or obstetrical care is available through our obstetricians, family medicine physicians and midwives. They will help you every step of the way with services such as:
- Regular prenatal visits
- Fetal monitoring
- Low-risk delivery care
We also provide specialized services including:
- A board certified perinatologist for high-risk pregnancy care
- Neonatologists for infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Teratogen Information Service: A telephone resource that assesses the potential risk of birth defects from exposure to things such as drugs, chemicals, infections, or x-rays
- Genetic counseling
- Help with breastfeeding from lactation consultants
- Alternative birthing options including water birth for low risk deliveries
We have a deep commitment to providing family centered care. Women are encouraged to be active participants in their pregnancy and in the planning and preparation of their birth. Partners or support people are welcome in the birth experience.
You can find pregnancy care close to home. Gundersen offers prenatal services in the following locations:
Obstetric and Gynecology services in La Crosse are provided by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.