Makes 2 sandwiches
1 large carrot
¼ yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1 cup beef broth
½ pound thinly sliced roast beef
2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
1 slice reduced-fat Muenster cheese
1.Coarsely chop carrot; thinly slice yellow onion; chop garlic clove. Place into saucepan.
2. Cover veggies in sauce pan with beef broth. Bring to boil and boil until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add roast beef to broth mixture and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, on griddle or flat fry pan on stove, lightly butter hoagie bun halves and toast until golden brown.
5. When buns are toasted, remove roast beef with tongs and place on buns. Top each with 1 slice provolone cheese and ½ slice of Muenster cheese.
6. Strain remaining broth through colander into 2 small bowls for dipping. Serve au jus (with broth) with sandwiches.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 340 calories, 12 g fat, 39 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1370 mg